Flint Car Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Assisting Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that obtaining assistance from a competent and knowledgeable motor vehicle accident attorney can be crucial. This is especially true after a serious injury.
If you wait too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, vital evidence may disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing. We know that when you have major injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately evaluate the source of the accident and collect information. It is even harder to deal with insurance providers. Allow our Flint motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can lead to problems in the future.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good photos of the other side’s I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damage to your vehicle as well as the other cars.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical care as soon as possible. You may have suffered far more serious injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident and also medical care can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Flint auto accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you have an attorney, the sooner they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you talk to any car insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, one of the most financially harmful aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Usual Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is much more significant, it can need surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries– These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They can also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Unfortunately, thousands of individuals die every year in Flint area auto accidents.
What Aspects Affect My Settlement?
Determining how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Flint motor vehicle accident attorney will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they get a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it’s much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the case might have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or contested. For example, the other event may not dispute liability in a rear-end accident but may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you ‘d like more information regarding the potential value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the automobile accident attorneys at Marko Law help you assess and know your legal rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience representing Flint drivers and passengers who sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about a Car Accident Lawyer Near Me in Flint, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.