Canton Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Assisting Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Remember that acquiring help from a professional and seasoned motor vehicle accident attorney might be vital. This is particularly true after a significant injury. If you wait too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, crucial evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly assess the source of the accident and also collect information. It is even harder to deal with insurance carriers. Allow our Canton motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver talk you into skipping this critical step. It can result in problems later on.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party’s I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene and also the damage to your car and the other cars.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical attention as soon as possible. You might have suffered far more serious injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Canton car accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you have a lawyer, the sooner they can begin defending your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak with any car insurance carrier. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refer to the physical and mental anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, is among the most financially damaging elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is much more significant, it can require surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries– These are typically soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether minor (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of treatment. They may also lead to brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Tragically, numerous individuals die every year in Canton area car accidents.
What Elements Impact My Settlement?
Identifying just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be difficult since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. An experienced Canton motor vehicle accident lawyer will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they secure a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that impact settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it’s much harder to acquire a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the case might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether the obligation is clear or disputed. For example, the other event may not challenge obligation in a rear-end accident but could in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Get in touch with our law firm if you’d like more information about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, allow the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law to help you assess and understand your legal rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The auto accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience representing Canton drivers and passengers who suffered injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about Car Accidents in Canton, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.