Dearborn Heights Auto Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Serving Automobile Accident Victims
Remember that acquiring help from a professional and experienced automobile accident attorney may be critical. This is especially true after a major injury.
If you wait too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, essential evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery. We understand that when you have major injuries, you can not carefully and instantly analyze the source of the accident and also collect information. It is even harder to handle insurance companies. Allow our Dearborn Heights motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other driver talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can lead to issues later on.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other side’s I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damage to your vehicle as well as the other cars.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care as soon as possible. You could have suffered far more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and medical treatment can make it difficult for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Dearborn Heights auto accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you have an attorney, the sooner they can begin protecting your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you speak with any car insurance company. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, one of the most financially harmful aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Car Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is more severe, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are frequently soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that might need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality– Unfortunately, numerous individuals die every year in Dearborn Heights area auto accidents.
What Aspects Affect My Settlement?
Identifying how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be hard because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. An experienced Dearborn Heights motor vehicle accident attorney will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer’s job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they get a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it’s much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the case might have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or disputed. As an example, the other event might not contest liability in a rear-end accident however might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs and other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Call our law firm if you ‘d like more info about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
If you sustained injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, allow the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience working with Dearborn Heights drivers and passengers that sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about an Auto Accident Lawyer Near Me in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.