Dearborn Height Auto Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Keep in mind that acquiring help from a qualified and knowledgeable automobile accident attorney might be critical. This is especially true after a significant injury. If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, vital evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing. We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately assess the source of the accident and gather information. It is even harder to handle insurance carriers. Allow our Dearborn Height car accident attorneys at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause issues later.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party’s I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness information. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damages to your car as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or get medical attention as soon as possible. You might have sustained far more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical treatment can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Dearborn Height car accident lawyers right away. The quicker you have a lawyer, the sooner they can start protecting your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you talk to any auto insurance provider. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which an individual can seek compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, among the most financially harmful elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Typical Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is more severe, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are frequently soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Tragically, numerous people die each year in Dearborn Height area auto accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Calculating just how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Dearborn Height car accident attorney will calculate your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that affect settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it’s much harder to get a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the case may need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or opposed. For instance, the other event may not challenge liability in a rear-end accident however may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Get in touch with our law firm if you ‘d like more information regarding the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law help you assess and know your rights and potential remedies. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover completely.
The auto accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience working with Dearborn Height drivers and passengers who sustained injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about auto accident lawyer in Dearborn Height, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.