Marko Law – Wrongful Death Lawyer in Dearborn Height
Has a Family Member Suffered a Wrongful Death in Dearborn Height?
Some of the injuries cases our law firm takes on involve a death caused by a negligent party. If an individual has died in an accident, the family members of the deceased are probably entitled to compensation for their terrible loss. You will need the help of an experienced Dearborn Height wrongful death attorney. The attorneys at Marko Law fight for accident and injury victims and their families every day. They may be able to help you receive compensation for your loss.
Wrongful death is where the negligence or recklessness of a person or company is responsible for a fatal accident. The law in Michigan recognizes that when someone’s actions cost another their life, the responsible person should be legally liable to pay damages to the victim’s loved ones. This means that when a loved one dies in an accident, the surviving family members may be entitled to bring a civil case against those responsible for the accident.
Common Types of Cases that Result In Wrongful Death
Some of the most common types of cases that result in a wrongful death are automobile accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.
When an Automobile Accident Causes Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one in a car accident is devastating. And it can be emotionally challenging to consider what you need to do next when you are so early in the mourning process. However, some individuals report that filing a lawsuit helped to provide peace of mind because they had one less thing to worry about. A wrongful death claim means that something is being done to get justice for a deceased relative.
A car accident that leads to wrongful death can leave a family with significant stress about paying back medical bills, handling funeral expenses, and losing income from a primary provider. Marko Law can help to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve for medical costs, lost earnings, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering.
Wrongful death because of a motor vehicle accident can occur at the scene of the accident or later on when the victim succumbs to their injuries. Although fatal automobile accidents are oftentimes caused by intoxicated motorists, distracted motorists, and speeding, almost any type of car accident can result in a fatal crash. Some of the most common injuries from automobile accidents that later lead to wrongful death are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries. If your loved one dies from complications due to their injury, it still falls under the umbrella of wrongful death. Therefore, the at-fault party can still be sued for their negligence.
Wrongful Death Because Of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are seldom considered fatal kinds of accidents. However, this is simply not true. Slips and falls can be deadly, particularly if the head strikes the ground or another hard surface.
Slips and falls can occur almost anywhere. However, some of the most prevalent places where slips and falls occur that qualify as wrongful deaths is grocery stores, commercial businesses, apartment complexes, parking lots, and workplaces. The way your wrongful death case will be sought is different depending on where the accident happened. For instance, claims against large commercial businesses differ in their parameters and insurance policies compared to slip and fall deaths that happen at a private residence.
Slips and falls can also be deadly when they occur to an elderly person. A slip and fall can put significant pressure on an older person that they might never recover from. When you are in the later stages of life and all of a sudden you have to be bedridden for an extended period of time, your odds of recovering completely are much slimmer. As a matter of fact, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death for adults aged 65 and older. And this number appears to be rising.
Workplace Wrongful Death
Workplace accidents that most frequently result in fatalities consist of:
- Falls from heights
- Fire and explosions
- Malfunctions or errors with equipment
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to hazardous substances or environments
- Accidents caused by poor training
In these situations, identifying if there is any third-party liability for negligence depends on how the accident occurred. If your loved one passed away as a result of the negligent conduct of a worker from a different company, that worker or that other company can be held responsible for damages. However, generally, if a death or injury happens at the workplace or while the worker is “on the clock”, the case would fall under workers’ compensation.
Wrongful Death Due To Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death due to medical malpractice is among the trickier case types in personal injury law. Considering this, you need to be sure you have a competent attorney on your side when you’re handling medical malpractice of any type.
Medical malpractice that can result in a wrongful death includes:
- Early discharge from hospital
- Wrong medication or dose
- Surgical error
- Improper diagnosis or overlooked diagnosis
- Birth injury
If somebody you love died as a result of the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or healthcare center, contact one of our medical malpractice lawyers at Marko Law right away so we can begin to investigate and build your case.
Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case
Family members may be entitled to recoup for several kinds of damages and losses from a wrongful death in Dearborn Height, including:
- The pain, suffering, and grief of the surviving family members– There is not a harder time in life than when you lose somebody you love. The feelings and pain you may experience can be excruciating. We realize that no amount of money will make you feel whole again. However, the family members have a right to a monetary recuperation for the pain of going through this tragic experience.
- Funeral expenses– Almost immediately after a tragic loss, family members have to incur substantial costs for a funeral. Part of this law firm’s role will be to recover expenses because of the funeral.
- Medical bills and expenses– In many wrongful death cases, the medical costs prior to passing away can be incredibly expensive. Often, billing may exceed several hundred thousand dollars. Our law firm will strive to recover those expenses from the negligent party.
- Loss of consortium– You have a right to recover for the loss of no longer getting to spend and enjoy time with your loved one.
- Loss of the future earnings of the deceased– Often the family member that passed away was earning income. Family members were depending on that loved one to support the family. They have a right to recuperate that loss of future income. If needed, our law firm can hire an economist to identify what amount your family member would have earned during the rest of his or her life.
- Punitive damages– During a wrongful death claim, lawyers will determine whether it is appropriate to ask for leave of Court to file a punitive damages count in the lawsuit. Punitive damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for deliberate and/or outrageous conduct.
Free Wrongful Death Case Consultation
No amount of money can adequately compensate an accident victim’s family after a fatality because of negligence or recklessness. Nevertheless, these family members are entitled to financial relief that is offered under local and state laws. After an accident, several families decided to consult with a wrongful death lawyer in Dearborn Height to figure out whether they have a case. The type of accident can affect what means of recovery are available to a family and how soon those claims must be sought. For these reasons, it is a good idea to pursue legal counsel as soon as possible after a fatality.
If you think a negligent party may have caused a wrongful death of a family member in the Dearborn Height area, Reach out to us for a free wrongful death claim consultation or call (313)-777 -7LAW to talk with a wrongful death lawyer in Dearborn Height.