Dearborn Height Wrongful Death Lawyer
Has a Family Member Suffered a Wrongful Death in Dearborn Height?
Some of the injuries claims our law firm takes on involve a death caused by a negligent party. If an individual has passed away in an accident, the loved ones of the deceased are probably entitled to compensation for their tragic loss. You will need the assistance of a qualified Dearborn Height wrongful death lawyer. The lawyers at Marko Law defend accident and injury victims and their loved ones regularly. They may be able to help you obtain compensation for your loss.
A wrongful death is where the negligence or recklessness of an individual or company is responsible for a casualty. The law in Michigan understands that when someone’s actions cost another his or her life, the responsible person must be legally liable to pay damages to the victim’s loved ones. This means that when a family member is killed in an accident, the surviving family members might be entitled to bring a civil case against those responsible for the accident.
Common Kinds of Cases that Lead to Wrongful Death
A few of the most common kinds of cases that result in wrongful death are automobile accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.
When a Car Accident Causes Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one to a car accident is devastating. And it can be emotionally challenging to consider what you need to do next when you are so early in the grieving process. However, some individuals report that filing a claim helped to give them comfort since they had one less thing to worry about. A wrongful death claim means that something is being done to get justice for a deceased loved one.
A motor vehicle accident that causes a wrongful death can leave a family with significant stress and anxiety about paying back medical expenses, handling funeral expenses, and losing earnings from a primary provider. Marko Law can help to make sure that you obtain the compensation that you deserve for medical expenses, lost income, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering.
Wrongful death because of a car accident can occur at the scene of the accident or later when the victim succumbs to their injuries. Although deadly motor vehicle accidents are frequently caused by drunk motorists, distracted motorists, and speeding, practically any type of motor vehicle accident can cause a fatal wreck. Some of the most common injuries from automobile accidents that later result in wrongful death are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries. If your loved one dies from complications because of their injury, it still falls under the umbrella of wrongful death. Therefore, the at-fault party can still be sued for their negligence.
Wrongful Death Due to Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are rarely considered a fatal type of accident. However, this is just not accurate. Slips and falls can be fatal, especially if the head strikes the ground or another hard surface.
Slips and falls can happen almost anywhere. But some of the most prevalent locations that slip and falls happen that qualify as wrongful deaths are grocery stores, commercial businesses, apartment complexes, parking lots, and workplaces. The way your wrongful death claim will be sought is different depending on where the accident happened. For example, claims against large commercial businesses differ in their parameters and insurance policies compared to slip and fall deaths that occur at a private residence.
Slips and falls can also be fatal when they happen to a senior citizen. A slip and fall can put significant strain on an older person that they might never recuperate from. When you are in the later stages of life and all of a sudden you have to be bedridden for an extended period of time, your odds of recovering fully are much slimmer. In fact, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death for adults aged 65 and older. And this number seems to be increasing.
Workplace Wrongful Death
Workplace accidents that most commonly result in fatalities include:
- Falls from heights
- Fire and explosions
- Malfunctions or flaws with equipment
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to dangerous substances or environments
- Accidents caused by improper training
In these instances, identifying if there is any third-party liability for negligence depends on how the accident occurred. If your loved one died as a result of negligent conduct of an employee from a different company, that employee or that other company can be held responsible for damages. But, typically if a death or injury happens at the workplace or while the employee is “on the clock”, the case would fall under workers’ compensation.
Wrongful Death Due to Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death due to medical malpractice is one of the more difficult case types in personal injury law. Because of this, you need to make sure you have a competent lawyer on your side when you’re dealing with medical malpractice of any type.
Medical malpractice that can result in a wrongful death includes:
- Early discharge from medical facility
- Wrong medication or dosage
- Surgical mistake
- Improper diagnosis or missed diagnosis
- Birth injury
If somebody you love passed away due to the negligence of a physician, nurse, or healthcare facility, get in touch with one of our medical malpractice attorneys at Marko Law as soon as possible so we can begin to investigate and build your case.
Compensation in a Wrongful Death Claim
Family members might be entitled to recover for several kinds of damages and losses from a wrongful death in Dearborn Height, including:
- The pain, suffering and grief of the surviving family members. There is not a harder time in life than when you lose someone you love. The feelings and pain you may experience can be excruciating. We know that no amount of money will make you feel whole again. Nevertheless, the loved ones have a right to a financial recuperation for the pain of experiencing this tragic experience.
- Funeral costs. Almost immediately after a tragic loss, family members have to incur substantial expense for a funeral. Part of this law firm’s role will be to recover expenses due to the funeral.
- Medical bills and expenses. In a lot of wrongful death cases, the medical expenses prior to passing away can be incredibly expensive. Often, billing may exceed several hundred thousand dollars. Our law firm will strive to recuperate those expenses from the negligent party.
- Loss of consortium. You have a right to recuperate for the loss of no longer being able to spend and enjoy time with your loved one.
- Loss of the future wages of the deceased. Oftentimes the family member that passes away was earning income. Family members were relying on that loved one to support the household. They have a right to recover that loss of future income. If needed, our law firm can employ an economist to establish what amount your family member would have earned throughout the rest of his or her life.
- Punitive damages. During a wrongful death case, attorneys will decide whether it is appropriate to request leave of Court to file a punitive damages count in the lawsuit. Punitive damages are meant to penalize the responsible party for deliberate and/or outrageous conduct.
Free Wrongful Death Claim Consultation
No amount of money can appropriately compensate an accident victim’s family after a fatality because of negligence or recklessness. However, these family members deserve financial relief that is available under local and state laws. After an accident, lots of families decide to speak with a wrongful death attorney in Dearborn Height to figure out whether they have a case.
The type of accident can impact what options of recovery are available to a family and how soon those cases have to be sought. For these reasons, it is a good idea to get legal counsel as soon as possible after a death.
If you think a negligent party may have caused a wrongful death of a family member in the Dearborn Height area, Contact us for a free wrongful death claim consultation or call (313) 777-7LAW to speak with a wrongful death lawyer in Dearborn Height.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about wrongful death lawyer in Dearborn Height, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.