Dearborn Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Helping Car Accident Victims
Bear in mind that getting help from a qualified and skilled automobile accident attorney may be critical. This is particularly true after a severe injury. If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, vital evidence may disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We understand that when you have major injuries, you can not carefully and instantly evaluate the source of the accident and gather information. It is even harder to handle insurance providers. Let our Dearborn automobile accident lawyers at Marko Law shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other motorist talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can result in problems later.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other side’s I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness information. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your car as well as the other vehicles.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical attention as soon as possible. You might have suffered far more significant injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident and also medical care can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Dearborn auto accident lawyers immediately. The quicker you have a lawyer, the faster they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call a lawyer before you talk to any car insurance provider. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refer to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, is one of the most financially harmful elements of a car accident.
What Are the Most Usual Automobile Accident Injuries?
There is a range of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is much more significant, it can require surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries– These are often soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases, accident victims sustain herniated discs that may need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Unfortunately, numerous individuals die each year in Dearborn area auto accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Identifying how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be tough since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Dearborn car accident lawyer will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer’s job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they obtain a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is fair, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Variables that impact settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it’s much more difficult to receive a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the case might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or disputed. As an example, the other party might not dispute responsibility in a rear-end accident but may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs and other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Call our law firm if you ‘d like more information regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, allow the automobile accident lawyers at Marko Law to help you evaluate and know your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The auto accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience representing Dearborn drivers and passengers who sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about Car Accidents in Dearborn, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.