Dearborn Wrongful Death Lawyer
Has a Loved One Suffered a Wrongful Death in Dearborn?
Some of the injuries cases our law firm takes on involve a death caused by a negligent party. If an individual has died in an accident, the family of the deceased is likely entitled to compensation for their tragic loss. You will need the assistance of a knowledgeable Dearborn wrongful death lawyer. The attorneys at Marko Law defend accident and injury victims and their families regularly. They might be able to help you receive compensation for your loss.
A wrongful death is where the negligence or carelessness of an individual or company are responsible for a casualty. The law in Michigan recognizes that when someone’s actions cost another his life, the responsible person should be legally liable to pay damages to the victim’s loved ones. This means that when a loved one is killed in an accident, the surviving family members might be entitled to bring a civil claim against those responsible for the accident.
Common Kinds of Cases that Result In Wrongful Death
A few of the most common types of cases that result in wrongful death are car accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, and medical malpractice.
When a Motor Vehicle Accident Causes Wrongful Death
Losing a family member to a motor vehicle accident is devastating. And it can be emotionally challenging to consider what you should do next when you are so early in the grieving process. However, some individuals report that filing a lawsuit helped to give them peace of mind since they had one less thing to worry about. A wrongful death case means that something is being done to get justice for a deceased relative.
A car accident that leads to a wrongful death can leave a family with major stress and anxiety regarding paying back medical costs, taking care of funeral costs, and losing earnings from a primary provider. Marko Law can help to guarantee that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to for medical expenses, lost income, loss of consortium, as well as pain and suffering.
Wrongful death caused by an automobile accident can happen at the scene of the accident or later on when the victim succumbs to their injuries. Although fatal car accidents are oftentimes caused by drunk drivers, distracted drivers, and speeding, practically any type of automobile accident can lead to a fatal collision. Some of the most common injuries from car accidents that later lead to wrongful death are traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and internal injuries. If your loved one passes away from complications due to their injury, it still falls under the umbrella of wrongful death. Therefore, the at-fault party can still be sued for their negligence.
Wrongful Death Because of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are rarely considered a deadly kind of accident. However, this is just not true. Slips and falls can be deadly, especially if the head strikes the ground or another hard surface.
Slips and falls can occur practically anywhere. However, some of the most prevalent places that slip and falls happen that qualify as wrongful deaths are grocery stores, commercial businesses, apartment complexes, parking lots, and places of work. The way your wrongful death claim will be pursued is different depending on where the accident took place. For example, claims against big commercial companies differ in their parameters and insurance policies compared to slip and fall deaths that take place at a private residence.
Slips and falls can also be fatal when they happen to an elderly person. A slip and fall can put serious strain on an older individual that they might never recover from. When you are in the later stages of life and all of a sudden you have to be bedridden for an extended period of time, your chances of recovering fully are much slimmer. As a matter of fact, falls are the leading source of injury-related death for adults aged 65 and older. And this number seems to be rising.
Workplace Wrongful Death
Workplace accidents that most frequently lead to fatalities consist of:
- Falls from heights
- Fire and explosions
- Malfunctions or flaws with equipment
- Vehicle accidents
- Exposure to dangerous substances or environments
- Accidents caused by poor training
In these cases, determining if there is any third-party liability for negligence depends on how the accident happened. If your loved one died due to negligent conduct of a worker from a different company, that worker or that other company can be held liable for damages. However, generally if a death or injury occurs at the workplace or while the worker is “on the clock”, the case would fall under workers’ compensation.
Wrongful Death Due to Medical Malpractice
Wrongful death because of medical malpractice is among the more difficult case types in personal injury law. Considering this, you want to make sure you have a qualified attorney on your side when you’re handling medical malpractice of any kind.
Medical malpractice that can lead to a wrongful death includes:
- Early discharge from hospital
- Incorrect medication or dose
- Surgical mistake
- Improper diagnosis or overlooked diagnosis
- Birth injury
If a person you love died due to the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or healthcare center, call one of our medical malpractice attorneys at Marko Law immediately so we can start to investigate and build your case.
Compensation in a Wrongful Death Claim
Family members might be entitled to recoup for several kinds of damages and losses from a wrongful death in Dearborn, including:
- The pain, suffering and grief of the surviving family members– There is not a more difficult time in life than when you lose someone you love. The feelings and pain you may experience can be unbearable. We understand that no amount of money will make you feel whole again. However, the family members have a right to financial recuperation for the pain of experiencing this unfortunate experience.
- Funeral expenses– Almost immediately after a tragic loss, family members have to incur significant expense for a funeral. Part of this law firm’s job will be to recover expenses because of the funeral.
- Medical bills and expenses– In a lot of wrongful death cases, the medical expenses before passing away can be extremely expensive. Commonly, billing may exceed several hundred thousand dollars. Our law firm will strive to recuperate those expenses from the negligent party.
- Loss of consortium– You have a right to recover for the loss of no longer being able to spend and enjoy time with your loved one.
- Loss of the future wages of the deceased– Oftentimes the family member that dies was earning income. Family members were depending on that loved one to support the household. They have a right to recover that loss of future earnings. If needed, our law firm can retain an economist to determine what amount your family member would have made throughout the remainder of their life.
- Punitive damages– During a wrongful death claim, lawyers will decide whether it is appropriate to ask for leave of Court to file a punitive damages count in the case. Punitive damages are meant to penalize the at fault party for intentional and/or outrageous conduct.
Free Wrongful Death Case Consultation
No amount of money can appropriately compensate an accident victim’s loved ones after a fatality because of negligence or recklessness. However, these family members deserve financial relief that is offered under local and state laws. After an accident, lots of families choose to speak with a wrongful death lawyer in Dearborn to learn whether they have a case.
The kind of accident can affect what means of recovery are provided to a family and how soon those claims have to be pursued. For these reasons, it is a good idea to pursue legal counsel immediately after a fatality.
If you think a negligent party may have caused a wrongful death of a family member in the Dearborn area, Contact us for a free wrongful death case consultation or call (313) 777-7LAW to speak with a wrongful death attorney in Dearborn.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about Wrongful Death in Dearborn, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.