Detroit Automobile Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Assisting Automobile Accident Victims
Keep in mind that getting assistance from a competent and experienced automobile accident lawyer can be vital. This is especially true after a significant injury. If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, vital evidence may vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have major injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly assess the cause of the accident and collect information. It is even more difficult to deal with insurance companies. Allow our Detroit automobile accident lawyers at Marko Law to shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver to talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause issues later.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other side’s I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene and also the damages to your car and the other vehicles.
- Seek medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical care immediately. You may have sustained far more significant injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident and medical treatment can make it challenging for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Detroit auto accident attorneys ASAP. The quicker you have a lawyer, the faster they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you talk to any auto insurance carrier. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refer to the physical and mental anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, is one of the most financially damaging aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is more serious, it can require surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are commonly soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims suffer from herniated discs that might need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They might also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality– Unfortunately, thousands of people die every year in Detroit area car accidents.
What Aspects Impact My Settlement?
Determining just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be challenging since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Detroit motor vehicle accident attorney will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you choose when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they secure a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that affect settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it’s much harder to obtain a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the claim might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or contested. As an example, the other celebration might not challenge obligation in a rear-end accident but may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you’d like more info about the possible value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law help you evaluate and understand your rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover completely.
The car accident attorneys at Marko Law have experience working with Detroit drivers and passengers who suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about Automobile Accidents in Detroit, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.