Grand Rapids Auto Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Helping Automobile Accident Victims
Bear in mind that acquiring help from a qualified and experienced motor vehicle accident attorney may be critical. This is especially true after a major injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, essential evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not carefully and instantly analyze the source of the accident and gather information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance companies.
Allow our Grand Rapids motor vehicle accident attorneys at Marko Law shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this important step. It can result in problems later on.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good photos of the other party’s I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damages to your car as well as the other cars.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical care as soon as possible. You may have sustained far more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and also medical care can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Grand Rapids car accident lawyers ASAP. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can begin protecting your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you speak to any car insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which a person can seek compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially damaging aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Usual Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:.
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is much more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims suffer herniated discs that may need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Unfortunately, thousands of individuals die each year in Grand Rapids area auto accidents.
What Elements Impact My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Grand Rapids motor vehicle accident lawyer will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer’s job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it’s much harder to obtain a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the claim might need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or disputed. For instance, the other party might not challenge liability in a rear-end accident yet might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you ‘d like more information about the possible value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in an auto accident, or someone you love tragically died, let the motor vehicle accident attorneys at Marko Law help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident lawyers at Marko Law have experience working with Grand Rapids motorists and passengers who sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about an Auto Accident Lawyer Near Me in Grand Rapids, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.