Troy Car Accident Lawyer
Keep in mind that acquiring assistance from a qualified and experienced car accident lawyer might be vital. This is particularly true after a severe injury.
If you delay too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, crucial evidence may vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately evaluate the cause of the accident and gather information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance companies.
Let our Troy car accident lawyers at Marko Law shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other motorist to talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause issues later on.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other side’s I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as the damages to your car as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical attention as soon as possible. You might have suffered much more significant injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it challenging for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Troy auto accident lawyers ASAP. The quicker you have a lawyer, the sooner they can begin protecting your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you talk to any car insurance carrier. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which an individual can pursue compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially detrimental elements of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is more significant, it can require surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are often soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also lead to brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Unfortunately, thousands of people die every year in Troy area car accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Calculating just how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be challenging since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. An experienced Troy motor vehicle accident attorney will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they secure a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Variables that affect settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it’s much harder to receive a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the claim may have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or disputed. For example, the other event may not challenge obligation in a rear-end accident yet might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Call our law firm if you ‘d like more info regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in a car accident, or someone you love tragically died, let the car accident attorneys at Marko Law help you evaluate and know your rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover fully.
The auto accident lawyers at Marko Law have experience working with Troy drivers and passengers who sustained injuries in motor vehicle accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about a Car Accident Lawyer in Troy, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.