Westland Automobile Accident Lawyer
Marko Law Has Experience Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Bear in mind that acquiring help from a competent and knowledgeable automobile accident attorney might be crucial. This is particularly true after a severe injury.
If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, essential evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We understand that when you have major injuries, you can not carefully and immediately examine the source of the accident and collect information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance carriers.
Allow our Westland motor vehicle accident lawyers at Marko Law shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other motorist to talk you into skipping this critical step. It can result in problems later.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other side’s I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness info. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle and the other cars.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical care as soon as possible. You could have sustained much more serious injuries than you realized. Further, a long gap between an accident and medical care can make it difficult for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Westland car accident attorneys immediately. The sooner you have a lawyer, the faster they can begin protecting your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you speak to any car insurance provider. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which a person can seek compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, among the most financially detrimental aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Usual Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents– When a fracture is more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries– These are often soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims suffer herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)– Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They might also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations– Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum– These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries– This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death– Tragically, numerous people die each year in Westland area auto accidents.
What Factors Affect My Settlement?
Determining just how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be tough because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Westland motor vehicle accident lawyer will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney’s job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they get a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Variables that impact settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it’s much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the claim might have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or contested. For instance, the other event may not contest responsibility in a rear-end accident but could in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs and other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Contact our law firm if you ‘d like more information about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident attorneys at Marko Law help you assess and know your legal rights and potential remedies. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover completely.
The car accident lawyers at Marko Law have experience representing Westland motorists and passengers who sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
Contact Us Today to Get a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start your case or need more information about an Automobile Accident Lawyer in Westland, Michigan, contact Marko Law Firm today. Let us represent you as you seek justice and compensation for your pain and damages. Call (313) 777-7LAW today to get a free consultation or visit our website: MarkoLaw.com to get more information.