At Marko Law, we are well-versed in the ins and outs of employment law for the Detroit, MI, area. We can help you get the compensation you deserve for any discrimination your employer has shown.
Types of Employment Law
Employment law can cover a number of different types of discrimination. The state of Michigan has deemed discrimination on the basis of color, race, national origin, height, weight, age, sex, genetic information, marital status, or religion illegal. Employers and potential employers also cannot discriminate based on an arrest record.
If you have reason to suspect that you’ve been discriminated against based on these attributes, you may have a case. Discrimination can take many forms. You may:
- Be denied membership in or get expelled from a union
- Be denied a potential job
- Be paid less for the same amount of work
- Be refused admittance to a training program
- Be harassed on the job
- Receive unequal treatment in your workplace
- Be denied a promotion you were more qualified for
- Be fired without a good reason
- Be denied appropriate representation if you filed a grievance
Whether you need a race discrimination attorney or a general employment lawyer, Marko Law is ready to help. We’ve already helped our clients win millions of dollars in settlements, and our aggressive approach to discrimination can help you get what you deserve.
Call us at 1-313-777-7LAW to get in touch with an employment or race discrimination lawyer.