The Labor and Employment Department at Marko Law is dedicated to handling the civil litigation of cases involving discrimination and unfair labor practices toward individuals. We represent individuals in actions involving discrimination based on sex, race, color, harassment, national origin, religion, age and disability; unfair labor practices such as denial of wages, overtime and equal pay; denial of leave under the Family Medical Leave Act; or who have been retaliated against for asserting their rights. In addition, Michigan state law also prohibits discrimination based on:
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Wrongful Discharge
In addition, Michigan state law also prohibits discrimination based on:
- National origin
- Sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions)
- Disability: physical or mental
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Height or weight
- Firing someone for refusing to break the law or do unethical things (public policy exception).
- Whistleblower – Report unethical / illegal activities to outside agency.